Zoe is now 7 months and doing well. Mike started his job on January 19th. I reduced my days to 3/week and we are avidly shopping for a house. As if that weren't enough changes for 2010, we found out I AM PREGNANT!
That's right. Crazy. Miracle! We never in a million years thought we could make a baby like everyone else does it! It wasn't supposed to happen. We even had testing done a month after Zoe was born and it was still the same...bad. So, we were saving our pennies for a down payment on a house and in vitro round 2 from the beginning(since we weren't able to save any eggs from the first time).
We are THRILLED! We couldn't BELIEVE it! Since you will ask how I found out....
Lucky for me (sarcasm) I started my period 2 months after Zoe was born despite exclusively breastfeeding. I have always been like clockwork and the other day thought, "Hmmmmm...I wonder how long it has been?" I think I briefly looked and it had been about 29 days. I chuckled to myself that I must be late even though I never have been. I surely didn't even CONSIDER being pregnant. Over the next few weeks, I cried at every remotely sad commercial or story or situation that I saw or heard. Since I hardly ever cry, I thought I was going through a rough time...
At around 32 days late or something, I thought maybe I should investigate just in case I wanted to drink a bottle of wine or something. So in the biggest snowstorm in Dallas history, I told Mike I had to get my prenatal vitamins refilled (I was still taking them since I was still breastfeeding) and I had to have them right then. So I went and got those and a prego test. I took it that night since I was so curious.
Two lines!!! What? I had never seen this before! We had never even needed one of those silly pee tests! So on February 11th, when Mike had already crawled in bed (and surely fallen asleep since he can go into a deep sleep in T-10 seconds), I put the 2-lined pee stick in a gift sack and told Mike to get up because I wanted to give him his Valentine's Day present. He was so confused since it was 11pm on Feb 11th but I told him it was crucial for him to have. He sat up in bed and pulled it out. It took him a few seconds to realize what the thing was. Then he asked me if I was pregnant. I said "Yes! I think I'm going to have a heart attack!" We were both so excited!
What does this mean? I am almost 10 weeks along, nauseated, breastfeeding a 7 month old, and pretty tired and sluggish...put YEA!!!!
What else does this mean? Babies that are 13 1/2 months a part! Whoa! Nanny shopping, round 2......right after we find our new house (and pack and move pregnant and with a baby). No carting an infant and a bigger infant to daycare with all that crap in tow for me. Not to mention the fact that it is possible that Zoe won't even be walking yet!
Here is the first "belly picture." It's for the belly book but probably all you can see is that I never lost all the ghetto booty from the first baby (not to mention the cottage cheesy thighs and belly jelly roll).
3.17.2010
The surprise of the year!
Posted by Lisa at 8:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
WHAT??!! CONGRATULATIONS! THat is the best thing I've heard in a long time. How much fun it will be for these siblings to have each other so close in age. Loving it. You look great and I hope you feel great too. What a little miracle. :)
I think you look thin and beautiful!
Must be the glow already, LOL!!!
We are so excited for y'all! Congratulations!
HOORAY!
OMG!! That is so exciting and encouraging!!!! I'm SOOO happy for you!! :) This just brightened my day!
XOXO,
Mandy
PS-I'll be in RR for Easter...
OH MY GOODNESS I am so so so happy for yall!!!!!! Emily told me that I MUST check your blog ASAP and so I did. YAY! Congratulations - love yall!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! SO EXCITING!! I'm smiling from ear to ear for you guys!! This baby truly is a little miracle!! Life might be a little crazy for a while but you guys can totally do it. So where are you guys looking for a house? You need to move more NORTH so we can see you guys more often!! :)
congratulations! How exciting!!!
Post a Comment