BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

4.25.2010

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

My daddy had been waiting for this day for a long time (my mommy, too) - my first Texas Rangers baseball game. Last night we headed to Rangers Ballpark in Arlington, and I knew something special was going on even before that because I ate a little earlier than normal (I guess in an effort to get out to the park early).



I took a short nap on the way out there, while Mommy and Daddy were searching for a space in the jam-packed lots. Apparently a bunch of people had come out early to watch the Third Day pre-game concert and/or grab their Elvis Andrus bobblehead. Unfortunately that meant that we didn't get an Elvis bobblehead, but there will be many more promotional items in the future (not to mention the Rangers night-light that Daddy scored for me last year).



I was strapped to the front of Daddy in the Baby Bjorn so I could look at everything as we walked into the park. My eyes were WIDE OPEN as I stared at the crowds of people--I had never seen so many! (Attendance was reported at more than 45,000.) I was kicking my legs as we walked around--I was very excited.



When we got inside, we went to the Rangers store to see if there were any Rangers duds I could wear to future games. Alas, everything was pretty expensive. The best stuff--like an authentic pink Rangers jersey--was more than $40!!! I'm a baby; I don't have that kind of cash! So, we walked out empty-handed this time, but we'll get more Rangers stuff sometime soon. (Also, Mommy was surprised to see that they didn't have a Neftali Feliz t-shirt--what's up with that?!?)



When we finally got up to the seats, I was ready to chill out, do some people watching, and chew on my rings. It was perfect. Of course I got many smiles and "she's so cute" comments from fellow fans--it must have been my great Rangers hat that Mommy and Daddy got for me just the other day!



I'll admit I didn't see much of the game, but I was especially rooting for Justin Smoak--a rookie like me--to get his first hit of his Major League career. Unfortunately, it wasn't to be. Mommy and Daddy said I was very well behaved at the game, though, and I had a lot of fun! In fact, when we left after 3 innings, the Rangers were ahead 4-3. Maybe if I'd stayed they would have won. Hey, there's always next time--my parents say they've already been to plenty of Rangers losses, but they've seen some very good games, too.



I'm ready to get back to the park soon--June 9 is scheduled to be my next game!

1 comments:

The Wests said...

too cute; exciting about your house!