BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

10.28.2008

Coffee Break

So, on my second TVU yesterday, I was supposed to be drinking lots of liquid in order to go BACK to the lab to pee in a cup to see if I had syphilis. So, I had Mike run to the Starbucks in Medical City while I went to get the exam (he came with me because he was waiting on his body to pee too). So, back he came with my tall extra-hot decaf latte and feels a dire need to get this to me right away. (To his credit, I don’t think he realized where I was yet). So, the nurses told him to come on in the exam room where, yes, there I was with my “blanket” in the stirrups. I think Mike was a bit shocked to see the set up and he thought it was a bit worldly to see our soon-to-be drug company advertise right on the stirrup coverings.

So, in he walked with my coffee. I told him thank you but that this wasn’t the best time for my coffee. 30 seconds later, in walked Peng and his assistant to start. Poor Mike was trapped and had to watch the TVU in real-time in the postage stamp room. But, by God, I had my coffee.

Bonus info: Neither of us have Syphilis, Herpes, Gonorrhea, or HIV. Lisa is immune for Rubella and is NOT a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis. So in case you wondered if your friends were clean, now you know for sure.

0 comments: