BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

1.13.2009

Blessed Assurance...

...Queasiness is mine.

That's right. If I don't stuff something in my mouth right when my feet hit the floor in the morning, I get super weak and queasy. Nothing particularly sounds great to eat but I MUST eat or else. At least I know something is in the belly and doing ok since I am not.

I am like this throughout the morning. Unfortunately, the only thing that makes me feel completely better is a full stomach. I think I have a chance at becoming as big as a barn. I eat grapes, peanut butter crackers, and in weaker moments, cheetos or something equally healthy. Also, I have been drinking a lot more milk lately, like a baby calf, which leads me to my undying, fire-inducing, raging reflux. I read that Progesterone relaxes the lower esophageal sphincter (the opening of the esophagus before the stomach). I am used to all my old people patients having this problem becasue the same happens with old age, but WHOA! I also think that since my super conservative doctor still makes me inject progesterone AND my body is making it's own, my lower esophageal sphincter has decided to completely take a vacation from it's normal job, thus inducing severe pain for me beginning at 2:30pm and ending at 5:00pm when I wait to take my Zantac. Thus, I told Mike that 5:30pm is my favorite time of day - the time of day that I put the fire out.

Other than eating and refluxing, I have just been wearing bigger clothes. Since I haven't really told people that I'm pregnant, I'm sure they think I had a few too many Christmas goodies, but they will understand soon enough. In the meantime, I will let everyone think that I have let myself fall off the wagon. However, I am at a point where I am really scared if I will ever fit back into my Nordy's jeans. Time will tell. Wearing jeans in a bigger size totally puts a ding in my self-esteem and maternity jeans mostly fall down but are most comfortable. I feel ridiculous wearing maternity clothes at 8 weeks but people keep trying to make me feel better about having taken drugs for 2 months prior. Thanks to Allison for giving me all maternity clothes in her house. I will save TONS of money.

Also thanks and more thanks to my wonderful husband who does the dishes, does all the laundry (he always did that), takes out the trash (that too), cleans the house, put up the Christmas decorations by himself pretty much, gets me my pills, stabs me in the butt nightly (with love), makes sure I get enough sleep, water, food, blankets, etc. He is wonderful and I couldn't be pregnant without him. (I know you all want him now that you know he does all the laundry and dishes but he's for keeps.)

3 comments:

The Wests said...

Don't worry Lisa! The queasiness only lasts for a bit. Saltine crackers got me through the first trimester.

Rob and Leah said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for y'all. Can't wait to follow you every step! Hang in there through the nausea!

Lisa said...

I hope the queasiness is gone now! I'm laughing at what you are saying about the preggo clothes. Yea it sort of sucks, but enjoy it b/c trust me after that baby comes out you will really have clothing issues! But one day you will back to yourself! So happy for you guys!! Thanks for sharing your story!!