BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

1.25.2009

Progesterone Poisoning

So...I was feeling pretty bad on Tuesday night but at work there is a policy that you can't call in sick on a declared bad weather day. Of course that was declared on Wednesday so Mike took me to work. It was good I was there because so many others couldn't make it in that morning. I made it until about 11 or 12 and had to go home. I was SUPER nauseated and had another of my migraines. I dealt with it until around 8pm or so when I just wanted to be done with it. I told Mike to take me to the ER since I knew they could give me some IV fluids and I wasn't even keeping down ice cubes.

Of course, since it was an ice day all the old people and others were coming in due to falls, sickness, etc. I thuoght I would be prioritized somehow since I was pregnant but no such luck. I was finally put in a room around 10:30 and the IV started around 11:30. We were there until almost 3am!!! I know the ER doctor and nurses thought that the crazy prego lady was coming in for "morning sickness" but I didn't care, I was dehydrated, nauseated, migraine, etc. I felt better after we left but was still retching some. I slept in the next day and missed 3 days of work. I was also supposed to take my progesterone shots for 3 more days but stopped that because, though the medical professionals may not have agreed, I had self-diagnosed myself with Progesterone Poisoning.

0 comments: