BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

9.29.2009

How it happened...


So I haven't written how Zoe made her entrance into this world...


Since she was a breech baby (always in that frank breech position...she never even THOUGHT about turning) I had a c-section scheduled for August 19th which was exactly 7 days prior to the "real" due date of August 26th. So, I never even packed bags because I thought we would treat it like a vacation where I could pack the day before to get all ready.


You all know I like to plan my life adn stuff it full of activities...and I had done just that, up until the night before the c-section where we were going to go to Abacus for restaurant week (one of our fav restaurants). Zoe had other plans. I did go back to work after that flukey scare (see post). I had so many patients and our manager was on vacation so I really wanted to be there. Missing this week was not possible.


I felt like I had a TON of gas in my stomach all day Sunday, August 9th. We still got a few things done (detailed my car and got the car seat installed at the fire station). We even went to buy a camcorder though ended up not getting one that night. After this, I told Mike I was in pain and couldn't make it to the grocery store...


I went to work Monday, August 10th still with "gas cramps" that made me walk at funny angles. I had a sinking feeling I wasn't going to make it all week but just KNEW I had to push through it (no pun intended) since there was so much going on. Someone at work even joked asking, "How far apart ARE your gas cramps, Lisa?" I ran to Central Market after work and then came home.


To make a long story short, I talked to Melissa and Allison on the phone telling them I felt bad. Then I went to the bathroom and lo and behold, my water broke around 5:15. Everyone was surprised to receive "the call," especially Mel and AL who I had JUST hung up with!


Three bath towels and one phone call to the OB later, I was on the way to the hospital with a towel in my pants. I got an epidural a couple hours later and we had a baby at 9:30pm. So Zoe came at 37 weeks and 4 days gestation. She was 7 lb. 7 oz. and 19 1/2 inches long. We love her!


3 comments:

The Wests said...

So cute; I love the new and improved blog. You guys are precious.

Rory-n-Jeremy said...

Yay! So glad to have the official story and to have you blogging more...can't wait to hear some fun stories...though the cockroach one was pretty good! I'm all about the glass over the insect....been doing that for years!

Rob and Leah said...

I am so glad to see pictures. Zoe is precious. Can't wait to read more!