So, this is my husband's undershirt. I have seen this around the house a few times but since Mike does all the laundry (I'm lucky, I know) I don't always have the luxury of inconspicuously removing delapidated articles. And that may be the only way of removal - that is, the concealed retiree program - initiated by yours truly.
Anyhow, this is old. And embarrassing. And, yes Carolyn, nast. And yet he still wears it under his dress shirts (likely unknown to others though don't you FEEL a little trashy walking around?). But the biggest wrong is that he wears this, and only this, when he comes home from work and takes off the dress shirt.
Since I am a busy new mom, I happen to not notice the fact that he is donning his white-trash wear and that's when we go on a walk. So we are walking all around the neighborhood - normally a relatively cute family with our precious dog, Hope, and beautiful new baby, Zoe, proud new mama, Lisa............................and white trash dad, Mike. Does anyone else have this problem with their husbands attire? Mike did agree to voluntarily retire this gem though other battles haven't been quite so easy...holes in the crotch? They're not that big! South Park t-shirt? "Shows my wonderful sense of humor!" And my fav, the ultra-faded t-shirt that has a box of "Life" cereal which stands for Leaders in Freshman Engineering. A relic, he says. Right. Just like the briaded belt and jorts were 8 years ago. I rest my case.
9.29.2009
A White Trash Walk
Posted by Lisa at 7:41 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Jorts were purchased circa 1997. Braided belt dates back even further - probably 1995. If you must judge, judge based on those time periods (and go take a look at photos of you and your friends from back then).
Of course, what this post truly indicates is that I am willing to sacrifice some fashion points in order to feed and clothe my family before myself. While others seem to think that a shirt can't last for more than 5 years, I choose to believe otherwise. And tell me the man in your life doesn't take some pride in "X that I've had for Y years!"
That's so funny. Curt has a shirt that he cut the sleeves off of that is HIDEOUS. Sometimes he wears it to jog or to mow in when I don't catch him walking out the door in it. So embarrassing!
yes, my word made the post! and yes, art has shirts that are from high school. and he is proud. he tells me everytime he wears them. men are proud of longevity. women...we want new usually.
I feel your pain Lisa! Morgan has a shirt that says "I may not look very smart but I can lift heavy things". He loves to sneak off and wear that when I'm not looking! I finally had to retire the hole in the crotch shorts!
HAHA!! This is so Adam too! I guess thankfully I do laundry so things like this do go bye bye. But if Adam did laundry I just might let him wear a little white trash shirts ;)
Ha! I love it... I don't know that Matt has so many nasty tshirts - but he has A TON of graphic tees. All of these random karate kid, superman, ancient bands, supposedly funny or clever sayings. I told him when he turns 30 - quickly approaching this weekend - the graphic t's have gotta go. he will eventually look pretty silly walking around with a "strictly for my ninjas" tshirt.
Dear Fashion Diva,
2 Things come to mind, Goalie Shirts and Mullets, you wore both TOO LONG.
The "Holy Under Garments" provide a well needed breeze on hot day while mowing the yard.
You say OLD T-SHIRT, I say, WELL DONE MIKE, you save $35 on NOT purchasing a Crystal Glass Polishing Cloth.
As far as Jorts and Braided Belts, weren't they with Parachute Pants and Zodiac shoes?
Retire the wholly holey (arguably holy) shirt. Fine.
Trade it in for a brand new wifebeater.
I also recommend my favorite yard-mowing baseball cap: BLACK KOW - "The Mature Manure"
Post a Comment