BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

12.18.2008

Beta hcg 41...

...and apparently that means I'm preggars!!! We did it! We are still not telling everyone. Really, only the people that read this blog. Make sure not to spread the news yet! We are wanting to tell most people at the "right" time but since everyone here is probably wondering and has been praying for ovaries and embryos, we wanted you all to know!

We couldn't be more excited. My motto these past 2 weeks is "take it easy" per MD orders. I, of course, took this to the extreme trying to walk easy, laugh easy, cough easy, poop easy (I really was worried about this...some of the smae muscle groups, right!?!! so I was the patient that asked that question...you'll do anything after going through that much money and emotional heartache). Anyway, it worked! I have a baby in the tummy! Technically I am only 2 weeks and one day pregnant but all you normal people would have called your pregnancy 4 weeks and 1 day along since you all count from first day of last period and we count from the day of my egg retrieval and sperm injection.

We don't know if it is twins yet which has been a popular question. I have had 2 blood tests 2 days apart exactly to look at the rise in beta hcg levels. They are rising appropriately. Of course I went on the internet with my levels and tried to chart if I am in the singleton or twin pregnancy ranges but since there are such WIDE ranges, I fall in both. Apparently that is a very inaccurate science in determining multiples but, hey, it's what I got for now.

So the next step is for me to go in for (another) transvaginal ultrasound on the day after Christmas (I will be at work anyway). On this ultrasound, apparently they can't tell if it is twins but about a week later, we go in for another TVU and they can see the heartbeats and if it is one or two babies! Once Peng-bot sees the heartbeat, it's back to my regular OB (Heintges) who I LOVE!! She is loud and crass and funny and super personable.

2 comments:

Rory-n-Jeremy said...

Congratulations!!!!! I am so excited for you too - can't wait to hear about the twins too! You know, it's not too early for names? "Rory" has always been a good one. And even though I don't like to admit it, you can use it for a boy and a girl! =) Congrats again... if feels like such a "light" word for all you've been through, but I know this baby couldn't be luckier!

The Wests said...

Yay Yay Yay!!!! So happy for you guys.