BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

12.02.2008

The Egg Retrieval




Tomorrow I am having the egg retreival. I had an appointment (TVU #5) on Monday and they said I was "ready to trigger." This means that Mike gave me a shot on Monday in my rear to tell my body to ovulate in 35 hours. I Did that at exactly 7:30 on Monday night (after rushing back from a haircut in Arlington...she was taking forEVer)! So then I will be at Presby Dallas 35 hours later (we get there at 6 in the morning).

For the bummer part, Peng said he wished that I had more eggs that were bigger. He said "but that's all your ovaries are going to give me." I was a little sad after the appointment on Monday but now can only pray that what follicles (between 5-7) they do get all have mature eggs in them, all fertilize, and all progress throughout the next 5 days.

So this is a picture of the egg retrieval process. I will be under anesthesia becasue it would be somewhat painful but mainly becasue I cannot move one millimeter or it could wipe out a follicle (where the egg is housed). They will go in and get follicles from both ovaries and then take the eggs out of each follicle. Although it's probably not similar, I am picturing a shop vac approach where they will suck 'em all out. Then 3 or 5 days later, I am getting them put back in! Then it will be the longest 2 weeks of my life until a pregnancy test. I will be back home before lunch if all goes well!

1 comments:

Katie Geurin said...

Peng really has zero social skills! I hope that you are taking it easy. Stay positive!