BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

10.20.2009

Nanny Hired!

Allison told me it would be emotionally draining and she was sooo right...



I have to go back to work. Mike has had an offer for 15 months to start at Munsch Hardt, one of the law firms that he interned for the 2nd year in law school. He was SUPPOSED to start on September 8th this year. That was until the economy tanked and they pushed all the start dates back to January 18th. This wasn't uncommon in the law firm world. 90% of his friends that he graduated with were pushed from a couple months up to a year! Some of the offers were even rescinded. At least he gets to start in January.



However, that means that I MUST return to work since I have the family benefits. Plus, I am the breadwinner, at least for a little while longer. Mike has been working. He was able to find (2) 2o hour/week jobs. One he has been working at since his 2nd year in law school and the other he picked up this summer. One of them ends at the end of October so he will be Mr. Mom 3 days/week and work (2) 20 hour days. So, until January 18th, we will need a nanny to work 2 days/week.



On January 18th, we will have to reevaluate everything (in the face of wanting to buy a house, new car or 2, and saving/paying for another round of in vitro). Since none of these things are cheap (neither is a nanny) we will have to decide what I do as far as work is concerned. I love my job and seeing all my babies at work and helping all the moms and babies learn to swallow/give feeding strategies....but I also have my own baby now (who swallows wonderfully, by the way!) so we will have to decide how to have our cake and eat it too where i can work some, stay home with my baby all the time, and win the lottery. I'll let you all know how that works out.

In the meantime, Mike and I have posted a job on sittercity.com (thanks, Kristin...it was the BEST), had 67 applicants, emailed 20 people, called 8 people, and interviewed 5 people. Whew. When it came down to it, I kept putting off the decision...not because I didn't like anyone because I did. But I think I was in denial about having to leave her. I still am. I just hope someone can do it EXACTLY like I do...or better...I know that I am in denial.



Anyhow, I am scared but we gotta do what we gotta do. We hired a UNT student, Bonnie. She seems like she works hard...she worked at Sonic previously as well as being a summer nanny and doing some babysitting. She has experience with infants and seems very comfortable with Zoe. Still...Hard.



So she is coming over tomorrow so that I can show her everything and then I am leaving to hang out with Katie and Mel. Bonnie will be here for about 3 hours before Mike gets home. My first test. Then next week she is coming over for Baby Boot Camp conducted by First Time Mommy: Lisa. I just pray everything is a smooth transition...


Bonnie

1 comments:

Melissa Darst said...

YEAH!!! I know this has consumed you but I know it will be great! Get in good with Bonnie and pass on a friend for me:) I'll just mooch off all your hard work!!