So we have ourselves a spitter. She doesn't have clinical reflux so when she does spit up, you have no warning as there is no crying or pain. This is a great blessing but also a fun surprise. (Does there come a day when I can "wash and re-wear" again? I mean, not to gross anyone out, but I could get several days out of my pants and at least 2-3 wears out of my shirts! These days are certainly over as I am lucky to get through the day in my original clothes.)
***As a side note, my brother and I came up with the "syrup phenomenon" in high school. This is where you eat pancakes and, even if you are a nice neat little eater, you always smell and find syrup in random places later. Like, "How did that syrup get on my elbow and stay there until 2pm?" Dunno. Just happens. I have noticed that this phenomenon carries over with spit up. I will be sitting on the couch or driving my car, etc and I smell "it." The only difference is sometimes I can't find it because it's dried or, more likely, streamed down my back. That smell!!
So, the other day, I had to get a new cell phone and wanted a new cell phone plan. We needed a new plan because T-Mobile drops calls all the time and it was time to replace the Zack Morris phone. OK, not really a Zack Morris phone but Mike and I were definitely in the dark ages with our cell phones (he still is for now). So, I went to the AT&T store to get my new iphone. My phone wasn't working at all. I had Zoe strapped to me in the Baby Bjorn because she does better this way for long periods of time than in the stroller. Getting a new phone and plan are never fast. This was the fastest it has ever gone for me though it wasn't without surprises. As the salesman is talking to me about options, Zoe went with her patented move... all down the cleavage. So, as I am trying to decide between 8 gb and 16 gb and whether to go with the GPS option, I am soaking wet down to the sternum...and feeling all slimy and stinky. But Zoe was happy, and went back to sleep. It was a good look....and smell. The new "Spit up phenomenon." Blecch.
10.15.2009
The Spit Up Phenomenon
Posted by Lisa at 6:52 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
As I am going to be taking care of my daughter much more during the day in the coming months, I can't say I look forward to this phenomenon. Perhaps I will create some sort of clothing shield that is practical yet unfashionable.
Also, I'd like to add that ice cream may also need to make its way onto the "phenomenon list." Tell me you can eat cookies 'n' cream ice cream and not get sticky hands!
Don't know if you will ever be able to re-wear clothes again. My 3.5 and 1.5 year old are always touching me with their messes! So I guess you will just trade the spitting up for something different. Oh the joys of motherhood! :)
Post a Comment