So I got my drugs the other day. Whoa. You all should come over to see the Gavin pharmacy. Seriously. First of all, you have to order these from a specialty pharmacy and they ship to wherever you want on the same day or overnight. They don’t charge for shipping, except for $10 on same day Saturdays. I would thank them, but I think I *may* have made it up somewhere in the ludicrous cost of these crazy drugs.
So, when I was giving all my information to the lady at IVPCare, she asked for my home address. I asked if that would be where she would be shipping this box. After she said yes, she reassured me that it would be ok since all the injectables were in a 72 hour ice pack inside the box so it would be fine on the front porch. So then came my teensy objection about leaving a $2500 box on my front porch – I mean, I don’t live in Highland Park and my house manager and butler aren’t here all the time to sign for the package. So, they delivered to my office.
Once I got home and unpacked the craziness, I set out to organize. Fortunately for me, I spent a good couple hours cleaning out and disinfecting the fridge about a month ago so that was a super convenience. So, we now have a “drug crisper drawer” – no more veggie crisper for us. Opposite the fridge is a nice disinfected space of counter top with 4 bags of syringes, vaginal suppositories, 6 pill bottles, and prenatal vitamins as well as the birth control pack that I am still using for the next week or so. We also made a calendar to be able to sort this mess out since the next 3 ½ weeks I will be a very precise, intense druggie.
11.08.2008
The Organized Druggie
Posted by Lisa at 2:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Take a picture of your drug section and post!!
Post a Comment