So today was the “calendar visit.” First of all, Mike had to pull out an ungodly amount of money from our checking account where the lady was definitely giving him curious stares. The clinic does not take credit cards (unless you want to pay a 5% charge - $250 more! No thanks!) or checks. So, Mike got cold hard cash to make this first payment. Once paid, we got a 2 hour lesson on drugs, bloodwork, appointments and egg retrievals, etc. etc. They preface it all by saying that it will be overwhelming and we would both feel lost at the end. Great! Sign me up.
I honestly didn’t think I would feel overwhelmed but I definitely am. I mean, they recommend going to get a big calendar at Office max and using that to write down the schedule of all the drugs and appointments! I can’t even begin to tell you what all I will take but here’s the gist: one self-injection at 7am, one self injection at 7pm. A prescription prenatal and 2 folic acid pills in the evening. A steroid pill in the morning. An antibiotic in the evening.. 2 different vaginal progesterone suppositories at night. A third injectable added later in the month to be added to the evening routine. Birth control pills. Then a last shot to make me ovulate given exactly 35 hours before egg retrieval which Mike must give me in the rear with a 1 ½ inch needle– if he doesn’t pass out.
…And a partridge in a pear tree.
I don’t know if I can do all this…….
11.03.2008
Cash Money
Posted by Lisa at 8:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
You CAN do this! It will be so worth it! I can't believe all of that you have to take. Good thing you have it written down for reference:) It at least made for a funny post!
Post a Comment