BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

11.19.2008

TVU #4

Yes. That's the official count. I had it done yesterday. On this TVU, they are double checking to make sure that no benign cysts (that are normal - but they have hopefully prevented with various oral hormones) have grown on the ovaries. I'm clear.

The fun part about this TVU in particular is that you are on your period (since I had to stop the hormones last Friday). Not to worry, I am not losing any of the eggs since I am taking the injectable Lupron (I did decide to ask this seemingly dumb question since it seems as if the whole goal of the next few weeks is to watch the eggs, grow the eggs, not jostle the eggs, and finally surgically remove the eggs). So, just uterus lining; no eggs. Whew.

Anyway, I will spare the details on the particulars of this TVU as it is getting a little TMI. Though I will say that I do like things as clean as possible so, even though she knows everything that is going on in my body better than me, I wanted to give a friendly reminder to the nurse that I was, in fact, on my period. She said she knew. I knew she knew. I just wanted to remind her that she didn't need to leave me up on that cold table, naked for 10 minutes before coming back in with the doctor. Didn't work. Oh well. No cysts. Everything is still a go.

Now, I will begin the the official follicle stims on Saturday (after Abbie's birthday party) in Round Rock. Nothing beats traveling with an entire cooler and suitcase for my drugs along with my posterboard calendar of scheduled medications. I'm like a grandma. Only I shoot up in my stomach and soon, my rear.

0 comments: